Saturday, 22 October 2011

More Editing

In today's lesson we continued editing our documentary, but because Thea wasn't here Ellie and I had to take on more jobs than we did last week. This worked out well because we swapped quite often in doing the editing and finding suitable music. 


While editing I found that most of our clips were out of sync so we had to manually move the audio or the video clips to make the audio match the video. This took ages but once we finished manually synced it, it really enhanced our film. 
In some interviews the microphone appeared in shot so we had to crop the video to make sure that the microphone wasn't visible. We did this with difficulty because we soon found out that as we cropped it we also had to enlarge the frame and this made the resolution lower. But I suggested either not using that frame or attempting to again crop but very precisely so that the frame didn't have to be be over enlarged.

We thought it would be a good idea to organise our film in to different sections, these sections included the questions we asked and the types of responses. This made it easier to edit our film because we didn't have to waste time finding specific responses or questions we wanted to use. 



We wanted our film to have an overall flow and to do this Mr Durran suggested swapping the sides in which our interviewees were standing on. We found that most of the footage was shot on the right side so I suggested using 'horizontal flip' to change the side in which the person was standing on. 


Next week, we hope to finish our film and to make the music I have chosen go well with the film. Also, I personally am aiming to be able to get more of an input in the editing of the film. Since there are three of us we take it in turns to edit but sometimes there is an unequal share of who does the editing. So I will try to edit more and allow people to do the jobs I was doing this week (finding music, conceptual shots and fonts styles). 

No comments:

Post a Comment