Since there were three of us in our group and only one computer available to edit on, we decided that we would take it in turns to edit the film. While someone was editing I was searching for possible background music we would have playing throughout our documentary.
Previously, we discussed as a group that we wanted the overall style of the video to be 'funky and young', so quite stylistic. I thought that an upbeat christmas themed song would be necessary for our documentary.
I searched for a variety of 'upbeat christmas songs', but about 80% if the songs I found were cliche christmas songs which would only make our documentary seem like a 'spoof'.
The other 20% of songs I found fitted quite well for example I found a remix of the song christmas lights by coldplay:
I found a few clips of father christmas coming down the chimney, families putting trees up and other christmas clips. The most I found were in christmas music videos for example the one below which is by Train called Shake up christmas.
Next week it will be my turn to do some editing and I will also import the conceptual footage and background music I found today onto our video.

No comments:
Post a Comment