Today we had to finish editing our films. We had a lot to do so we broke the editing down between us, this was efficient because we each got a turn to do editing and we were all had things to be doing. For the first part of the lesson I tweaked the music which I had chosen in the previous weeks. I chose it becauseI felt that it had a christmas twang, yet it wasn't as cheesy as the other songs I found.
My job to incorporate the music into our film was to make sure that it was in time with it, for example when the vox-pop changed from person to person. (this gives the film more of a flow, that being jerky). I raised and lowered the volume of the music at certain parts when necessary. At times this got a bit tedious, especially when it was impossible for the music to be in time with every aspect of the film. To overcome this, I made the whole film start a tiny bit later so that the introduction of the song could play, I found that this made the film have more of a flow.
After break, we got Mr Durran to watch our film so far. He got the overall sentimental feel of the film which we were going for but suggested that we fill in some of the gaps where we had simply just left blank. I suggested that Thea and I could go off a film christmas related footage, while Ellie stayed and edited further.
Thea and I borrowed a christmas tree from school and filmed it from different angles, just to give the vox-pop a festive feeling. We added the footage we had taken to the film and it really added to the atmosphere of the film. But the only thing was that some of the clips were too short, so we resulted in slowing them down.
No comments:
Post a Comment